If you’re wondering what the best-selling, number 1 skincare brand in France is, look no further than La Roche-Posay. French people have been turning to this trusted brand for their skincare needs and concerns for years.
La Roche-Posay offers a wide range of products that are specifically tailored to meet the needs of different skin types. Whether you’re looking for a gentle cleanser or a powerful anti-aging cream, you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for in the La Roche-Posay range.
What’s more, La Roche-Posay products are affordable, meaning that you don’t have to spend a fortune to get access to quality skincare.
About La Roche-Posay
La Roche-Posay is a French pharmacy skincare brand with roots dating back to the 1400s! Apparently, a nobleman named Bertrand Du Guesclin discovered the La Roche-Posay thermal spring water in La Roche-Posay, France by chance. He stopped for a drink with his horse, who suffered from eczema. After taking a quick bath in the French spring water, the horse was seemingly cured of its ailment!
Some 300 years later, in the 17th century, a French doctor Pierre Milon, decided to investigate. This French doctor to royals Henry IV and Louis XIII discovered that the thermal water of La Roche-Posay was extremely rich in selenium, which gave the body of water its extraordinary effects on the skin.
General Napoleon Bonaparte chose the French town as the main medical center for his army and many soldiers went there to heal.
By 1975, the brand La Roche-Posay Laboratoire Dermatologique had formed to develop skincare products based on the French thermal spring water.
La Roche-Posay Skincare Lines
There are seven main skincare lines offered by La Roche-Posay, each designed to treat a different type of skin.
- The Effaclar line is designed for oily or acne-prone skin and contains products that unclog pores, reduce sebum production and clear up blemishes.
- The Toleriane line is ideal for sensitive skin, as it contains products that are free from potential irritants such as fragrances and parabens.
- The Lipikar line is formulated for people who suffer from dry skin and may experience conditions such as eczema. These products include hydrating ingredients such as shea butter, glycerin, and niacinamide.
- The Redermic line is targeted at those who are concerned about wrinkles and fine lines and contains products that reduce their strength and boost collagen production.
- The Cicaplast line consists of products designed to treat damaged skin.
- The Pigmentclar line is designed to treat dark spots and uneven skin tones.
- Finally, the Anthelios line contains a range of sunscreens that provide high levels of protection against both UVA and UVB rays.
No matter what your skincare concerns may be, La Roche-Posay is sure to have a product that can help.
Best Selling La Roche-Posay Products
Some of the bestselling La Roche-Posay products include products designed to treat specific skincare concerns.
The Cicaplast Balm B5 is a cult favorite irritated skin treatment that will soothe any itching or discomfort you may have on different parts of your skin. Its therapeutic properties are well known amongst the French!
The Effaclar Duo+ acne spot treatment is a popular choice for oily or acne-prone skin, as it unclogs pores, reduces sebum production, and clears up blemishes.
The Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer is a daily French face cream perfect for sensitive skin, as it hydrates while soothing and protecting the skin from potential irritants.
Finally, the Anthelios Ultra-Light sunscreen is ideal for a high level of protection against UVA and UVB rays.
If you’re looking for the best-selling skincare products in France, look no further than La Roche-Posay!
Where to Buy La Roche-Posay in the USA
You can also find La Roche-Posay products in some specialty beauty stores, such as Ulta and Dermstore. Check out your local CVS or Walgreens too, as they sometimes carry La Roche-Posay products in-store.
Now you know what the number 1 skincare brand in France is!